Thats pretty much all I did.
1. Sketch. Doesnt have to be very detailed. Im so messy. I cant even.. Oh, every character was sketched in a diferent layer so I didnt ruin them (I tend to do that pretty much all the time).
2. You could call it lineart. You could always low opacity and stuff like that, but I just cleaned the sketch. Added lines here and there and erase with the same pen I drew with. Then layered down all the sketch layers.
3. Is obvious. Just adding flat colors.
4. Shading. I dont use grey scale for this. I use colors. Maybe blue. Maybe yellow. Maybe extrafalarious purple/pink. Use multiply and thats that. Then soften it a little.
Profit Splashing colors to make the lightnings. Not in the bg layer but a new one. Set to overlay.
7. Adding another layer for lights. Yellow and bright orange. Bright blue for Frogadier. Set to overlay. New layer for the lightnings Palid yellow. Set to Luminosity. Lower to 50% opacity.
8. Adding details that nobody notices but makes you feel good about yourself